Sunday 20 May 2012

Comfortably Speaking


I quite enjoy being the cynosure of all eyes; and I really can’t help feeling that way. No matter where I go, I usually get noticed, talked to and talked about by my fellow mortals. And it’s not that I am an egotistical buffoon; if they ask me questions, I try giving them the most convincing answers, if they need any information, I offer my knowledge. If they ever ask me for suggestions or advices, I provide warmth, consideration and counselling. But the biggest reason why I usually gel well with most people is that I always lend an ear, and listen patiently and sincerely to whatever they have to say.  I’d argue that imitation isn’t the best form of flattery; listening is.

Very often, however, I meet people who do not appear comfortable confiding into strangers, and take a very long time to develop that sort of a comfort zone. To each his own, I’d say. But I wonder if it’s their introvertedness or something else. I doubt that a majority of such people haven’t had experiences which liberated them from their comfort zones, which took away all their inhibitions and pre-conceived notions.

And what do I do when I try conversing with such people? I try a little more, often fail and then look for people who appear to have resonance. 



No comments:

Post a Comment