Tuesday 26 June 2012

Julian's Thank-you Note

I was in a popular restaurant an hour ago and had a lovely time catching up with a friend over some delicious treats. After our elaborate meal got over and we requested for the bill, we received something along with it that we hadn't expected. The gentleman who served us, Julian, wrote a personalized thank-you note to us for visiting his outlet and letting him serve us. It was a very kind gesture and reminded me of my days in Pune when I used to exchange thank-you notes with my colleagues every now and then. I immediately picked the note up, tucked it in my bag's pocket and took out a small piece of paper and a pen to thank him back for his amazing service and benevolence.

Some of the most heart-warming acts of kindness are also the simplest and most cost-friendly. Julian's kind gesture made me smile and inspired me to spread smiles across through the simple act of thanking.

No comments:

Post a Comment