Wednesday 10 October 2012

TFI Mini-Diary- IV



Continued from here. I knew from day one that the fellowship was going to be hard. Year one was a real struggle as I hadn't taught before and teaching isn't the easiest of jobs in the world. Year two posed its own major challenges because the organization requires its fellows to not only teach with the same rigor and enthusiasm as in first year, but simultaneously do a project (in their schools) which impacts and benefits ALL children, and not just those in their classes. And so I began planning for my BTCP (Be The Change Project). I spoke to the teachers in my school about this and they gave me their ideas. I compared the facilities and experiences I received in my Alma mater with what this school had to offer its students. By this time, I had also formed my definition for an excellent education. 

An excellent education is a combination of various favorable factors for a child, including academics, non-academics, values and mindsets, sports, social-consciousness and spirituality. All these factors plus a healthy and joyous environment at home and school, exposure to the world around to promote the learning and development of a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment