Saturday 20 April 2013

Beating The Fear

Most people are essentially afraid- afraid of taking risks due to the possibilities of failure- afraid of stepping out of their comfort zones- afraid of voicing their opinions owing to the fear of being ostracized or simply criticized for not trying to "fit in". Although people tell me that I come across as a very self-assured and confident individual, I've been afraid too. I have missed out on opportunities to experience something new, add a fresh perspective to a discussion due to my fear of standing out and, perhaps, being the odd one out.  But I've learnt through my experiences that it is better to push your limits, defy expectations, say it as it is, be more expressive and less me-centered and fearful of other's perceptions than any of those other things. After all, we've all been granted just one life to live and we should choose to live it on our own terms, assuming that we would act sensibly and respectfully. 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pranav,

    This post reminds me of a post that I had written few months back which had a similar vein. The crux is 'Fear' holds us back from achieving our dreams. If we overcome that, success is ours.

    Regards..Braja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment Braja. I would really like to read your blog post. Would you mind sharing the link here? :)

    ReplyDelete