Thursday 30 January 2014

Happiness- Then and Now

I was going through some articles written by me a couple of years back. I was pleasantly surprised to read an article I wrote on a topic which is very close to my heart: happiness. I am sharing an excerpt from that article. 

"It always amuses me how people spend so much time and money on finding happiness. Some say happiness lies in giving; some others say it is all about pampering yourself. Happiness isn't elusive. You can find it in a cup of coffee, a bar of chocolate, in the arms of your lover, in the company of your friends, over a conversation with somebody, and even in solitude. All you have to do is find what makes you happy. And then life becomes beautiful."

This definition still holds true for me. If I had to make an alteration, I'd replace the last sentence with this one: All you have to do is choose to be happy- in all situations and circumstances. Happiness is nothing but a choice. 


No comments:

Post a Comment